All the obligations of Toremar towards persons with reduced mobility
1. TOREMAR is forbidden, for reasons of passenger disability or reduced mobility:
a) to refuse to accept a booking or not issue a ticket;
b) to refuse to embark a person with a disability or reduced mobility, provided that the person has a valid ticket or booking.
2. Bookings and tickets are offered to persons with disabilities and reduced mobility without any additional charge.
3. As provided for under the “PRM” Appendix, in the event of the departure, transit or arrival of a person with a disability or reduced mobility at a port, TOREMAR is responsible for providing free of charge assistance in embarking on the departing service or disembarking from the arriving service for which the person in question has purchased a ticket.
4. On board its ships, TOREMAR provides free of charge to persons with disabilities or reduced mobility at the very least the assistance provided for in the “PRM” Appendix.
5. TOREMAR is obliged to cooperate with port management bodies in order to provide assistance to persons with disabilities or reduced mobility, as follows:
a) assistance is provided on condition that TOREMAR is informed of the type of assistance required by the person with reduced mobility at least 48 hours in advance, also through its sales network. If the ticket is for multiple journeys, it is sufficient to inform Toremar once, provided that sufficient information is provided on the times of the subsequent journeys;
b) TOREMAR adopts all measures necessary for receiving information on the assistance required by persons with disabilities or reduced mobility. This obligation applies to all sales channels, including telephone or internet sales;
c) if it is not informed in accordance with subparagraph a), TOREMAR will do everything possible to ensure that assistance is provided in such a way that the person with a disability or reduced mobility may embark on the departing service or disembark from the arriving service for which he has purchased a ticket;
d) assistance is provided on condition that the person with a disability or reduced mobility presents himself at the designated place:
I. at a time established by TOREMAR, on condition that this is not more than 60 minutes prior to the published departure time;
II. if no time has been established, at least 30 minutes prior to the published departure time.
e) if a person with a disability or reduced mobility needs a guide dog, this animal, provided that TOREMAR has been informed, also through its sales network, will be embarked in accordance with applicable regulations regarding the transport of authorised guide dogs on board passenger ships.
6. TOREMAR, moreover:
a) ensures that its staff providing direct assistance to persons with a disability or reduced mobility are adequately informed to satisfy the needs of such persons, according to their disability or reduced mobility, by providing training focusing on assistance and disability awareness, as described in the “PRM” Appendix, to all staff who work in direct contact with the passengers;
b) ensures that all new employees receive training on disability issues and that all staff attend update courses on this topic at appropriate intervals
7. in the event of wheelchairs, other mobility equipment or parts thereof being lost or damaged during their handling at the port or transport on board the ships, the passenger to whom they belong will receive compensation from TOREMAR. If necessary, everything possible will be done to promptly provide replacement equipment.
8. The contents of this article are an essential part of the General Conditions of Carriage for passenger and goods services and of the Service Charter.